Here's my second finished Red Velvet dress.
All the fitting etc was exactly the same as I used the same fabric, but this time I decided to add the collar. I wasn't sure about it at all before I started and figured I would baste it on and see how it looked. I have to say I love it! It makes the dress look totally different from the red one.
The finish is great. I found it much easier to get a clean neckline finish as I followed the instruction to have the interfaced side facing up. This seemed counterintuitive to me but it is much easier to avoid the dreaded puckers!
I also sewed the side seams with the extra I took off the first time removed. Which made matching up the side seams so much easier (you don't want to look too closely at the red one in that area!).
I can tell I'll wear this one loads this winter!