Thursday, 29 March 2012

One down, lots to go!

Finished my first item since starting the blog!

It's KitschyCoo's tunic dress and I have adapted the pattern slightly.  I wanted more of a dress than a tunic top, and the largest size of the pattern is mid-thigh on N.  As I mentioned before, I couldn't find the pattern or pattern pieces, so I had to trace from a previous version and lengthen the pieces.  It was also quite wide on my skinny minnie so I took about an inch out of the centre of the front and back and shortened the neckband accordingly.

I made a short sleeved version from a piece of soft indigo denim and did the neckband and a panel around the bottom in Alexander Henry Tutti Frutti fabric and I'm really happy with how it turned out!  I had to trim a bit from the top of the front panel to make the neckband lie flat but I'm not sure if that was my tracing or the fact that the fabric was stiffer than the pattern called for.  It was a hit with N at least - she refused to take it off for the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - it's great to hear from you!