Tuesday 20 November 2012

Finished - Alma Blouse


This was my first Sewaholic pattern and I have say, I really love it!  I'm pretty late to the Alma party and have been seeing lovely versions popping up all over the blogosphere - in particular Karen's and Jane's.

For this version I totally stalked Marie's lovely peter pan collar version - I really liked the way she used the print for the body with a plain collar as it really makes the collar stand out.

I picked up the fabric for the body in the John Lewis sale - It's a cute cotton floral print.  The lady behind me in the queue nabbed the rest to make a shirt dress for her daughter and I think it would make a great
shirt dress!  The blue cotton for the collar was a remnant from my stash.



The instructions are really clear (thanks Tasia!) and the fit was great straight out of the envelope (apart from my usual length adjustments which are easy enough by now).  The only thing I am less keen on is the slightly odd sleeve length - I am still toying with shortening them after seeing Jane's version.

I do love how versatile this pattern is - I have a sheer chiffony print to make the long sleeved version, I think with the scoop neck and I am toying with a cap sleeved version from a beautiful cotton silk remnant I recently bought (but I think that may need underlining so I am nervous!).

I've worn it loads already so I am calling it a definite win!

5 comments:

  1. That blouse is adorable! I like it a lot.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Couldn't find an email address for you, but please could you send me your details ASAP if you still want to take part in the Sewist's Secret Santa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your Alma - every time I see a new version I get closer to becoming tempted. Great fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sewing skills and fashion tastes are fantastic! Would you mind discussing about some plus size clothing ideas too? That would be great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - it's great to hear from you!