Happy new year everyone!
It's been a while since I posted, but things have been pretty quiet on the sewing front.
I have a secret squirrel project that I'm working on with a friend and it's been taking up lots of evening sewing/ lunch hour blogging time. And of course there was the festive gift making which I should have heeded Karen's advice to avoid!
I'm seeing lots of reflective posts on 2013 and looking forward to 2013 so I thought I'd jump on that particular bandwagon!
First of all, my top 5 makes from 2012 (I only really started sewing for myself in about Feb or March):
1. My Anise jacket - I love this and can't wait for it to get warmer so I can wear it again. Jackets are great in terms of cost/ effort per wear too!
2. My spotty Peony - although this was supposed to be a wearable toile, I like it much better than the final version - a definite case of overfitting!
3. Maria Denmark Kimono tees - I totally stalked Winnie's version of these. Although I haven't blogged them, I have made 3 - a grey marl, a navy and white strip and a white one with a sort of textured stripe - and I wear them all the time!
4. Hazel dress - I wore this loads in the summer. It fits really well and I feel great in it!
5. Alma blouse - I wear this a lot. I need to work on my interfacing application as the collar is definitely wrinkly but I have another version planned.
And of course I have a sewing queue. My priority in 2013 is going to be the things I already have fabric for and I'm going to try not to let other things jump the queue!
1. Tiramisu dress.
I have a cute charcoal knit for this and I think it will make a great work dress. I love the way Steph has drafted the pattern as it looks like it will really minimise fitting time. I'm going to be doing the sewalong which starts next week so that should keep me on schedule. I'm looking forward to trying out Tilly's sewing in short bursts plan as I think Steph is using this for the sewalong. So we'll see how it works for me - I think I might not like it but I'll give it a go.
2. Juniper trousers.
I bought the pattern when it came out and got really excited, but the fear of trouser fitting stalled me on this one. I have a lovely soft suiting (i think it's a poly but I can't really wear wool without lining it anyway) in a charcoal grey for these and I am looking forward to having a well-fitting (and long enough) pair of trousers soon!
3. Gertie pencil skirt.
Over Christmas I have been mainly knitting as we've been away. I'll post soon with a sneak peek of that too!