Monday 7 April 2014

The Minerva Crafts Meet-Up!



Have you heard about the fantastic event happening at the Minerva Craft Centre on Saturday 14th July?

Vicki and the Minerva team were voted Best Sewing Blog in the Sew Magazine awards and to celebrate have organised a great day of events, tutorials and talks from some of our favourite bloggers and pattern designers. 

You can meet me and lots of the other members of the Minerva Blogger Network including Clare, Amy, Marie, Nicole, Emmie, Kathryn and Katie, and I know some other great bloggers are planning to go including Claire, Alison and Sally.  And the lovely Velosewer a.k.a. Maria is coming all the way from Aus!

Come along, it's going to be so much fun!

Highlights are:

Karen from Did You make That doing a speech and Q&A
Claire-Louise from Thrifty Stitcher and Sewing Bee doing a workshop
Mystery contestants from the Sewing Bee (they have naughtily included a picture of Patrick, but I don't think he's stopping by unfortunately!)
A Day in the Life of the By Hand London girls
Lots of craft demonstrations and workshops



And of course there is the lure of the fantastic centre itself, which looks to be an Aladdin's cave of fabric and other craft supplies (I fully intend to come home with a few more hobbies and my bodyweight in fabric!).

All the details are here.

Minerva have helpfully suggested things for non-crafty partners/ friends to do in the area while you craft and chat to your heart's content!  You can find it here.

I hope you can make it - let me know if you are planning to come along!




10 comments:

  1. I like your comment about coming home with more hobbies and your body weight in fabric - I'm sure I'll be doing that too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yaya - we can shop together sam! can't wait to meet you!

      Delete
  2. I'd be there in an instant, if only I lived in the right country. Going to the UK isn't on the agenda for the summer, unfortunately. It sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. living in another country is a good excuse! we will be posting about it of course so you'll be able to see what is going on!

      Delete
  3. I'd love to but I'll have an 8 week old, or something similar,by then so it's not really viable. Hopefully they'll do it again next year! I'll look forward to hearing about your experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow - not long for you now! i hope it becomes and annual thing so you can come next time!

      Delete
  4. It's in my diary already :) fingers crossed mooie people from the Liverpool sewing club can make it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - it's great to hear from you!