Monday 15 April 2013

Tira two!

I did say that my first Tiramisu dress definitely wouldn't be my last, and here is number 2!


It's been finished for a while and worn on several occasions.  I also get really lovely compliments when I wear a Tira!  This was made from a ponte Roma jersey from Fabricland, which I loved the colour of.

However the stretch of this fabric has meant that it really doesn't fit as well as the first - It's not as stretchy and it pulls at the front wrap slightly.  I did take a bit off the bodice section and add quite a bit to the midriff as before, but I think next time I would cut as per the pattern and do the fit check as I did with the first one.  Another step on the learning curve - I haven't sewn with jersey enough to predict how the different amounts of stretch will affect the final fit.


It's still a much better fit than RTW though and I love the swirly skirt! 



12 comments:

  1. I love your Tira! The color is one of my very favorites. You look really great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks - i wish the fit was as good as the first one tho. served me right for skipping the fit check!

      Delete
  2. I love that colour. The Tira is in my to make pile, I just need to find the perfect fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks - it's so hard to find great knit fabric i find!

      Delete
  3. Woo Woo this is gorgeous!! Love the colour and the shape of the dress you look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you! lovely of you to say so. it's one of my favourite colours!

      Delete
  4. Great tira! I love this color. It is just beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks very much! it's a great style - i think it flatters just about everyone

      Delete
  5. I have been oggling your various Cake makes and am 100% in love with your versions! In fact, I have added Pavlova fabric to my fabric shopping list for this weekend ...& in solid colours just like yours!
    (PS I already have purple knit for a Tiramisu! We will match! I hope mine will be as lovely as yours)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks winnie! feels like i did nothing but cake for a few weeks (but that's good - steph's patterns are fun to sew!). you are going on saturday aren't you? so i will be shopping then too!

      Delete
  6. That's a fabulous Tira, and such a lovely colour too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much pennie! i'll definitely be making more!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment - it's great to hear from you!