I made some undies! Ok nothing difficult like a bra (pants/ knickers/vests still on my to do list).
I was chatting on Twitter about the fact that it should be easy to make underskirts, prompted by Carolyn's blog post here. A couple of lovely ladies (no idea who - sorry!) pointed me towards Gertie and Tasia's tutorials. As I had leftover poly satin from my Anna dress lining and my Anise jacket I knew it would be a quick and cheap make and stash bust.
A quick look on Ebay revealed a seller with picot elastic and fold over elastic (for my SoZo pants and vests - I am obsessed with saving postage and often buy stuff ages in advance to avoid paying twice) and it turned out he was just a few miles away from me. I ordered at lunchtime one day and received the next morning! I ordered some pretty lace with a Minerva Fabrics order (see, postage!) and it's gorgeous! It's a lovely weight which makes these feel really luxurious.
I think the spend on these worked out at £2 per underskirt and they are so much nicer than any bought ones I have had.
I used Gertie's tutorial and it was so fast - both of these were made in an evening.
Perfect for making cotton summer dresses wearable with tights!
I'll spare you pics of these on me (you're welcome).