|Weird pushed back hair so you can actually see the cowl|
I'm probably the last sewist in the blogiverse to have made a Renfrew, but why did I wait so long?
I bought the pattern after Me Made May and got the fabric in Goldhawk Road in July with Alison (oops, didn't realise it had been that long!).
This was actually my second Renfrew (first is yet to be photographed - stay tuned!) and after mentioning it on Twitter and hearing that I had a nice drapey viscose knit, Lizzy told me i had to make the cowl version. I wasn't sure and didn't think i had enough fabric but I decided to give it a go (on the basis that I could always replace it with a neckband since the pattern pieces for the body are the same). I'm so glad I did as I really like it!
I cut a size 10, and it's actually quite long so I didn't need to lengthen it, surprisingly. To fit it on the fabric I had, I took about 3/4" of the top of the cowl and sewed it together with a 1/4" seam allowance, so it's not far off the size of the pattern. I also used the 3/4 length sleeves (which I like anyway, especially with the cuffs).
I managed to sew up 2 of these in one weekend so it's a nice quick and gratifying make - will definitely be making more!
|Look up there! Honestly it's not another pic of a black t-shirt!|
Am doing pretty well on my FESA list (not so much on keeping up the blogging of it but i'll get there soon!). Another Renfrew, my bowling dress and a skirt to come soon!