Tuesday 25 February 2014

Wardrobe Architect Week 6 - Organising Your Colour Palette

This week's taks is organising the colour palette we came up with last week to see which colours we need more of and which are more accent colours.

When I divided mine up, I came up with the following:

Neutrals - basics that go with anything.


Neaurly Neutrals - like neutrals but with a bit more visual impact

Statement Colours - don't necessarily go with everything but have lots of impact

Plus we had to add Metallics, which is really easy for me - I never wear anything but silver tones.






Interestingly I have realised that as a late teen/ early 20s I wore almost exclusively neutrals, despite always having considered myself to be someone who loves colour.  Now I find I almost wear neutrals as an accent to the nearly neutrals in my palette.  I tend not to buy those classic things that are supposed to go with everything in my neutral shades.  I currently have a red winter coat, a teal and a cobalt blue jacket and a range of coloured handbags.

But I couldn't imagine my wardrobe without a serious dose of statement colours.  I could probably add just about any shade of blue and purple to that list.  I really do like blue a lot, don't I?


15 comments:

  1. I think we have a very similar colour palette, only I also wear a lot of fuchsia. All the jewel tones are my friends and I prefer silver over gold. Like you, I wore neutrals (mostly black) when I was younger but these days I'm all about the colour - bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. if i got down with the pink we could be the same person! i do quite suit it but i just don't like it that much.

      Delete
  2. I was actually thinking that I should consider teal a near-neutral! I feel justified in that now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. teal is definitely a near neutral for me. i wear it a lot!

      Delete
  3. Great colours! I love all of these, but then I also love green (obviously) and coral/orange too. And some yellows... I would be so rubbish at doing this. I like pretty much everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think you might find it useful helen - i thought i wore pretty much all colours, but apparently it's just blue!

      Delete
  4. I've really enjoyed reading your posts about the wardrobe architect, I really need to take some time to do some too. I actually think my colour palette would be similar to yours as I love bright red as well as green, teal and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teal/peacock blue is definitely a near neutral for me. I wear it a lot, I love it and it does go with a surprising number of other colours. It is also supposed to be one of the colours that suits everyone... I don't know how true that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's probably my favourite colour! i hadn't heard it was supposed to suit everyone - how interesting!

      Delete
    2. I read about it in this article some time ago: http://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fashion/clothing/wardrobe-basics/4-universally-flattering-clothing-colors-10000001584157/index.html

      Delete
  6. We have quite a few colors in common. :) I really like yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks laura - i was just checking out yours too. we do have a lot in common. make sew bossy a bit easier!

      Delete
  7. Your colour palettes are so similar to what I chose- love blues and greens and a splash or two of red. I only wear silver too! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - it's great to hear from you!